Valve Amp Speaker Dummy Load Box
- Allows use of 'Headphones' and 'Line Out' -
If your Amp is not fitted with 'Headphone'-or-'Line Out' Sockets - This Box will solve your Problems.
All Valve Amplifiers must have a 'Load' at the Output, usually this is a Speaker. If a Valve Amplifier is used without a Load, it will rapidly destroy the Output Valve/s, Output Transformer or Both. The RAT 'VALVE AMP SPEAKER LOAD' Box is designed to replace the Speaker and allows you to use your Amp with standard Stereo 'Headphones' only. It also offers a 'Line Out' signal for connection to a Slave Amp, Mixer or Recorder. There are independent 'Level' (Hi-Lo) switches to set the 'Headphone' and 'Line Out' Volume. If you wish to use your Amp as normal (with the Main Speaker active) and still have access to 'Headphones' and 'Line Out' - the Load Box will also allow this.
- Operation -
Your Amp Must have a 4, 8-or-16 Ohm Speaker Output Socket.
1. - Disconnect the Speaker from your Amp - Connect a Speaker Lead from your Amp Speaker Socket -to- the 'AMP OUTPUT' Socket on the Load Box.
2. - You can now use your Amp as normal, with NO Speaker connected, using 'Headphones' -or- 'Line Out' -or- Both.
3. - If you want your main Speaker active - Connect the Speaker to the 'THRU SPEAKER' Socket on the Load Box. The Amp and Speaker will work as normal and you can still use the 'Headphone' and 'Line Out' Sockets.
- Valve Amps Only - 50 Watts RMS Max -
The Load Box will get warm with use as it is converting the Speaker energy into heat. Any Valve Amp rated between 1-to-50 Watts will work fine. The Load Box works with 'OPR' (Power Scaling) and all types of Speaker Attenuator, the Box MUST be matched to the Amps Output Impedance.
* * * Please request a 4, 8-or-16 Ohm Unit when Ordering * * *
As most 50 Watt Valve Amps will produce way in excess of their Power Rating, it is not advisable to use the Load Box with a 50 Watt Amp running 'FLAT-OUT'.
The Price is just £55 including Delivery (in the UK), if you want one, Please 'CONTACT' me.
Clip of RAT Dummy Load used as a 'Line Out'.